If you met someone online...

...how long did you "talk" to them before you actually met in person? I didn't meet this person on a dating site...I met him on Facebook and wear talking now. Also...what did you talk about online...I'm finding it hard to have conversation. What did you talk about with people you met online and how long before you met them in person? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• 2-3 months, plus we talked on the phone for a while before we met.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'd call first. Then meet in a very public place and take a friend with you. I'd say wait a month or so, but then again it depends how much you hit it off and how quickly.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 3:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm a little overly cautious. I'd do some checking before meeting ... Check his criminal, how many times he's been married/divorced, isn't currently married, etc etc.
    good luck, be safe!!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It was 6 months before my husband and I physically met. We talked about everything, school, work, my daughter, his soccer team, tv, movies, art, tech news, food, travel, basically anything that crossed our minds or anything we did that day. It was like when we weren't talking online, we were texting, when we weren't texting we were on the phone. We were obsessed haha. I miss those days.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was talked to him online, through text, phone calls for about mmm 3 weeks and then we got married that month. I only spent like two weeks with him and got married during that time he came to see me in colorado he was living in california on the marine base. It was love at first conversation and we met on myspace. It was amazing because it forced us to get to know each other through conversations and no physical and it was amazing and im so happy we got married. may 6 will be a year together
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 4:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I met most of my previous boyfriends (Even DH) online. The time we talked before we met in person varied from person to person. Usually about a month though. We talked about everything. Things we liked, things we didn't like, our lifestyles, our wants, our goals, what we did that day .. Everything. If you're having trouble talking to someone then you might not have any chemistry with them. Conversation comes naturally to those you have chemistry with. Platonic or romantic. When I met DH we talked for a month before meeting face to face. It wasn't planned that way, but after about that long we're just like "We have to do it already" and we did. We've been together three years (Married 2)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011