MOMS HOW ARE YOU DEALING WITH THE TERRIBLE 2 STAGE.

I CANT HANDLE MY SON. HE IS A MONSTER. I LOVE HIM THOUGH. HE HAS ME TO THE POINT OF TEARS B.C I AM TIRED OF YELLING AT HIM I AM TIRED OF PUTTING HIM IN TIMEOUT AND POPPING HIS BUTT

2ndiapers

Asked by 2ndiapers at 3:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How well do you respond when someone yells at you? I know I don't, and I'm an adult. Why would you expect your child to respond when you yell at him? Be consistent with time outs, stop the yelling and the spanking, and calm down.
    Anonymous

• Lots and lots of patience. If you feel the need to yell. Take a deep breathe count to 10 if you have to and try to remain calm. Take a mommy time out. Be consistent and keep doing time outs.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son was great at two, he is three now and it is crazy. I try to keep him as busy as possible b/c he is worse when he is bored. I agree that maybe he is not responding well to the yelling. Be serious but lower your voice. Sometimes children will tune it out. Remember to breathe deep and don't take his behavior personally :) Best of luck!!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Honestly..... laughter. When she is throwing a fit trying to get her way I ignore it. When she is done she wants hugs and tell me "sorry mommy sorry" it makes me laugh =D
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• if you think it's hard now, wait til he turns three. if you yell at him alot now, he's going to mirror that and do it right back to you soon. just keep up with the time-outs and be patient. this phase will pass.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My nearly 2 year old has brought me to the verge of tears many times. The worst is when we are out in public and she throws a monster tantrum and starts thrashing and trying to hit me. I haul her butt outside to a time out in the car. At home, I put her in time out. She has a lot of time outs because it's the only thing that works for her. Yes, I do get to the point where I yell back. You can only push someone so far before they lose their temper. I think it's unnatural to be like a robot and never show your child any kind of emotion. They need to learn that when you act crazy, you will frustrate people. But, I try to stay calm and put her in time outs. After a minute or two I go back in her room and ask her why she was in a time out. She always knows why. It's usually for pulling hair or hitting.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Throwing a tantrum myself..lol..when he throws himself out, I have ignored him, laughed at him, cried with him..and some times he gets up laughs and moves on..He can be really frustrating at this age...he is into everything and LOVES the word no..were working on potty training and thats going great...but at this time..i am learning to pick my battles. Laugh my way through things and not take things too seriously!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Alcohol & LOTS OF IT!!! hahaha ONLy KIDDING BTW!!! My DD is 2 and TERRIBLE at times. She "back talks" (but i cant understand her) she pinches, hits, and doesn't listen to save her own life. Sometimes I think i'm going to just have a mental breakdown, but i keep telling myself this is just a phase and it'll be over with eventually. I try to redirect her to something productive when she starts getting that way, I try to spend as much time w/ her as I can. as yelling does nothing to help the situation, sometimes u cant help it, because ur just at ur wits end...but using a more inside voice will get there attention more. goodluck.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Haha- Wait until the horrendous 5!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would like to give you an easy answer but I can't. My DS laughs at me when I try to correct him and then does it again. He thinks it is a game. It is a horrible fight to change his diaper, too. He hasn't hit the terrible twos yet so GOD help me. Good luck
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 2:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011