Do child stars go to high school and/or college? If your child made it big (and a lot of money) as a child, would you insist they still try to graduate high school and college?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Entertainment

• Yes. Making a paycheck is not the only reason to educate yourself. My sister works in Beverly Hills for a famous production company. She says that 90% of actors are really stupid. Since most of them never went to school they don't know how to manage money or even basic facts. It is important to understand the world around you and I believe that is done by being educated.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• They tend to get tutored.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 3:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think child stars have private tutors. (most of them). Yes I would make it mandatory for my child to go to and finnish school and then college would be completely up to them.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Some go to normal high school. Some just get home schooled. If my child were ever to become "big" I would want them to go to school. Education is more important then being a star.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would still make my child get there education. Even if, you have to get a private teacher to teach them. Some child stars lose there fame by the age of 13 -15. So, yes I would make my kids get an education so they can have something to fall back on beside acting.
    successful24

Answer by successful24 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My dd went to school with a child star. The gal took one class on campus but was home schooled otherwise. She was so grateful for me dds friendship since she didnt know anyone else at the school. We didnt learn till after she graduated, (she still keeps in touch with dd and they go out still), that she had been a child star and was in some of our favorite movies! lol, I sooo want her autograph but dd says no way!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ~*Absolutely*~... I would insist my kid have an education!!! because you can fall as fast as you rise... and better have something to fall back on
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• College is their choice. Period. I would never force college upon my child, as it should not even be an issue unless you have a passion you want to pursue. And not neccissarily even then unless you plan to turn it into a career. With that said, my children will finish K-12 regardless if they were rich or poor. They need that minor education in order to live a standard lifestyle, so I would never discourage that of my child. Plus, it is mandated by law for a child of 17 and under to be in school.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• if i were a child star i wouldnt want to go to school and get harassed, and ive heard of stars in college but im not sure if theyve ever graduated
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Some big movie stars have advanced degrees, not just a bachelor's.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011