Does this make me a horrible person?

Long story short my husband and I were having issues a few months ago and I asked for a seperation. His mom bought him and my sons plane tickets to see her without my knowledge. I got home from work and they were all gone. She refused to buy them tickets home for 2 weeks and only then she did because it was court ordered to bring my kids back to my state immediatly. Every time I would call and ask to talk to my boys when my husband would put the phone up to my infants ear my mother in law would take my 2 year old to do something, like give hima bath. Now my husband didnt have a job so he had no money to get his own tickets and I still had a thrid child with me and my job that I just couldnt take off and go get them plus the lawyer told me not to.

Last week my mother in law called in tears because her ex husband decided to keep their daughter for one extra night because of MLK holliday and he let her talk to my SIL. She was distraught. All I could think was Karma is a bi*** and she deserves it. Now she knows how I felt for 2 weeks and she only had to go through it for 1 night. I didnt say that to her and I waited a week to tell my husband. Does it make me a horrible person that I would even think that? My co worker said the same thing.

I just ask because my husband kinda gave me a weird look when I said it to him like he couldnt believe as a parent and a teacher I could say something like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd have said/thought/done more...... not a bad person at all. just a human being with feelings and emotions
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would have said it to her. I would have said now you know how I felt. It doesn't make you a bad person at all.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No I don't think it makes you a bad person. It makes you human.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No, I actually would have said to her right then "Well now you know how I felt, but I couldn't see my children for TWO weeks!" "It is a TERRIBLE thing to keep a child from their mother isn't it? " Then I would have cut her short & hung up. A good dose of reality is what she needs. You may get the opportunity to say it again & I would take it. Good Luck.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I TOTALLY would have told her!! So, no you are not a bad person for thinking it! =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No, you did the right thing.. When you treat other wrong, you get treated badly in return. So, don't feel..
    successful24

Answer by successful24 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You're not wrong and I would have told her that sadly she knows what you just went through.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i cant even believe she would call you and tell you that.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Karma is a Bitch and your MIL deserved to see how it felt to have that happen. You come home and your family is gone and she hordes them like a pair of socks until she's forced to give them back. Come on, what kind of person does that honestly? She had what was coming and she has no right to complain over one day.

Your husband might've been shocked that you felt that way, because he might not see it the way that you do. Just a thought.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• no, youre human
    goodfriendeva

Answer by goodfriendeva at 5:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011