Refusing service to obese patrons

I was watching the news and caught it before getting the town and state. One are in this country (among many im sure) is trying to pass a bill/law to refuse service to obese patrons. They feel it will stop obesity. BS! Why the hell should anyone dictate what anyone eats??? Why is a strangers health someone elses "problem"???

If you knw the town or state then please let me know.

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• I cannot believe how stupid people are. This is absurd.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... I live in California, and I'd video tape, call it slander/emotional abuse... and sue the F*&% out of them!!! That would curb these people from looking at and judging people off weight!!! I believe it is just as bad as refusing service because I'm jewish/Christian/whatever, or refusing to serve because I am a certain color... I say sue for the principal not the money aspect and send a clear message in return????
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• area*
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• wow i would never want to go anywhere ever again! i would seriously cry if i was chased out of a restaurant!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol, i read about that too over the weekend and thought it was outrageous. can't remember where either.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Mississippi House Representative W.T. Mayhall, Jr. introduced a bill during the legislative session on Friday that would ban restaurants from serving obese people in the state of Mississippi. The proposal, Bill 282, would require scales to be placed outside of restaurants and people with a Body Mass Index (BMI) above 30 would be refused service. Records of customers BMI’s would be kept on file and the restaurants would be tasked with enforcing and complying with the bill or risk loss of their license from the State Department of Health.

This is from 2008. The bill wasnt passed. I need to google the more recent one though
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It's Mississippi.
    Mississippi House Representative W.T. Mayhall, Jr. introduced a bill during the legislative session on Friday that would ban restaurants from serving obese people in the state of Mississippi. The proposal, Bill 282, would require scales to be placed outside of restaurants and people with a Body Mass Index (BMI) above 30 would be refused service. Records of customers BMI’s would be kept on file and the restaurants would be tasked with enforcing and complying with the bill or risk loss of their license from the State Department of Health.

ObiRenKenobi

Answer by ObiRenKenobi at 4:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• The entire article..
    http://www.healthcareersjournal.com/proposed-mississipi-bill-to-refuse-service-to-obese-patrons/
    ObiRenKenobi

Answer by ObiRenKenobi at 4:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Thanks Obi! I thought there was a more recent one too though
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Then should photographers be able to refuse to photograph ugly people? Really! The things that people think are often ridiculous!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011