Anyone actually long term successful using the Atkins Diet?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm going to recommend using Weigh Watchers. I can give you the points formula if your interested. My friend lost over 100 pounds on it a few years ago, and has kept the weight off. I'm actually thinking about trying it myself, because I need to drop a few pounds myself. Message me if you want :)
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My sister lost about 100 lbs, but as soon as she went off the diet she gained it right back, several times actually. She is still on the diet and has been having some heart troubles. I don't think it is worth it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was on atkins for about 3 years and i lost about 50 lbs with exercise too but i had problems with my gall bladder and i had to get it taken out so i had to quit the diet. i'm on the clean diet now and i feel so much more energized now because i can eat fruits and vegetables all i want. to each their own i guess.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i also did it before but i gain my weight back again. a little expensive too....
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I easily lost weight on Atkin's. The weight came off pretty fast, but then it came back on just as fast when I strayed from the plan. My dad had basically the same experience.

My doctor actually recommended South Beach as a healthier alternative. I started it once, but I didn't have the will power to stick to it. Sadly, I crave unhealthy carbs and I have a hard time getting past that.  I'm thinking maybe I need hypnosis!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011