My baby girl is trying to drive me to drink!! Or start taking xanax!

My 2 yr old did real good last night when she picked up her toys without fighting me or daddy. But for the past few months despite numeroius time outs and even being put inher room without any toys in there, just her bed. She has been hitting both of us, broke my glasses, gonna take $200 to get another pair, and of course I need to gey the eyes exam again. Don't know hiow I am gonna manage this. Noway in hell we have$200 for another pair. We probably end up paying the governement money cause we were unemployed, and didn't get taxes taken out., She also is scratching DH's face or grabbing skin under his chin. I had to go to the ER awhile back cause she flung her head back and got me square in the nose and both eyes turned black and blue. I am at the end of my rope!! We tell her that she hurts mommy and daddy, doesn't seem to have any effect. Time outs, putting her in he room, taking away her fav toy, even her lovie 'Leo'!! Had that lepord since she was 10 months old, will not go anywhere without it, so I thought that would be the thing that she hates so maybe it might sink thru, no dice. Help Meeeeeeee!! I'm tell ya'll, she putting a whole new definition on the "terrible 2's!!"

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she in the early two's or the late two's that makes a big difference.
    If you were diciplining her for a few months and she wasn't two yet, then she's probably frustrated because she doesn't understand what picking up toys is or why she's being punished for it. If it's the early two stage, pick your battles so you and her will be less frustrated. They don't even make toddlers clean up a daycare too much.

If she is almost 3yo she may sense she has some independence and is testing her boundaries with you. Also toddlers get frustrated and can be aggressive because they want to communicate with you and can't figure out quite how. Eiter way, pick your battles! My 2yo just broke my prescription glasses. I have no insurance either. But it was my fault. I left them out, and she doesn't know how important they are.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I feel your pain & if I had advice I would certainly give you some, but I need some myselfbecause I'm ready to jump off my balcony lol =( no but seriously....sometimes I want to run away with jim, jack and jose!!!!!!!!!!!! GOODLUCK *hugs*
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol jim, jack and jose :p

im not trying to be mean, but she might need some behavior training (not that you did anything wrong, but some kids do need it). if you havent had her 2 year appt yet talk to your pedi about her behavior when you go, otherwise maybe call the office or send an email! good luck :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yep sounds like terrable two' Full Throttle! I would say keep with it. (Sorry not much advise there- my son didn't go through that as much). Repatition repatition.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was just wondering yesterday if all toddlers hit and pull hair. My almost 2 year old is always hitting and pulling hair, esp. when she doesn't get her way. I have never hit her so it's not like she's learning it from us. If she hits once, she gets a warning. Twice and she gets a time out. After her time out I go in her room and ask her if she knows why she had a time out. She always knows and tells me 'no hit mommy' or 'no pull hair.' I make her say sorry. It doesn't stop her from doing it. I guess it's a phase (albeit a really annoying phase). It's almost like she can't control herself and just spazzes out and hits. I guess it's fairly normal at this age. If she does it in public she gets a time out in the car.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ohhhh well, I was hoping for a miracle cure!! damn....@Musicmom, the glasses were on my face! Marisa is in the early 2's I guess, Nov 5th was her b-day. I do pick my battles per-say, when I ask her to pick up the toys and if she does hey BONUS!! If not I do, noi biggie there. Just trying to stop the "domestic violence" lol.......I had a woman approach me and tell me she runs a shelter for battered women, I looked at her like she has grown another head, then I remember my daughter hit my nose. I told thwe woman this, and of course she shakes her head and mutters a rude remark, got my attention, well I left so I wouldn't get kicked out....
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I heard that if they are throwing a fit put them in their "pen" (make sure their safe of corse) and just ignore them till they work it out of their system. Sometimes kids need to "free the beast" lol. I remember my mom telling me somthing like that. Its almost like puppy training. Priase them when they do good. (Pretend) Ignore them when they're being jerks, adorable and loved jerks.

Nothing else spray bottle. lol
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 3:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2011