What would you do? adult content

So I have several mommy friends, and we meet every Saturday with the kids an all. So my friend was telling us about an incident. She's a single mother and they don't have a court appointed date when he can see his son. So every Wednesday to ssaturday he gets to have him. So the night before she gets to get her son back, she's out on a date with a guy and a couple friends. And she sees her babys daddy but not her son. So her friendss are screaming at him like where the fuck is your son and she's just standing there. When she told me this I was like what the hell cuz if that was me I would have been upset. The thing is is that her babys daddy is always complaining about not having enough time spent with his son but here he is at a bar with people. So my questions is what would you do?

Sweetpea1215

Asked by Sweetpea1215 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have often noticed that the parents who make the most noise about spending time with their kids are also the same parents who magically and accidentally consistently arrange their lives to spend the most time away from their kids.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't understand the problem here? Does she go out when she has her son? Like, leaving him with a sitter or family member? I don't see a problem with the dad doing that. Unless there's more to the story that I don't know. Regardless, I would definitely advise getting custody and visitation scheduled through the court.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Take her son and go to court over the matter and have it stipulated that he is to have resonable and liberal visitation with the child. If you want to have conditions like no drinking or not putting the child in danger in certain situations then put that in. Having the court order is so much easier than trying to do it on one or the other's terms. also document this incident and any other incidents before and therafter.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't give him the child until you go to court and see what they have to say.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• NAT- Thats what i told her but shes scared if she does that the courts will hold it against her.
    Sweetpea1215

Comment by Sweetpea1215 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree that she could be scared, but she needs to do whats best for the baby. Its not like he gets the child all the time, so when he does he should be at home with him. If its not court appointed that he gets him, then she doesn't have to give him rights.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't see why her friends were yelling at him and not her? I would've taken him aside and pointed out that while he's at the bar he could be spending time with his child. If he claims not to have enough time with him then he shouldn't be out at the bar while his son is with a sitter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If she wants to go out with friends, can't she have her parents or a babysitter watch the child? So why is it wrong that the baby's father do the same thing?

If you want to document this "incident," then make sure you have all the information, or you're going to look like a crazy woman in front of the court!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Honestly idk if she goes out when she has her son. But i think the thing that got to her was that hes always complaining about not getting him but there he was. She a very passive person and not too controversial, so i can see why she didnt confront him.
    Sweetpea1215

Comment by Sweetpea1215 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• After that. He would not get the child tell we went to court. And if I have not went to court for child support, I would do so.

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011