Calorie calculator for pregnancy?

Does anyone know of one online??

crystalbean2

Asked by crystalbean2 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try parents.com They have all sorts of things like that. I don't know why you would want to count calories though while pregnant. Just eat healthy and avoid the foods you can't have while pregnant. Eat when hungry and stop when full.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• First trimester you should be having around 2000calories (maintain cal limit). You should only be eating 300 more calories in your second and third trimester. Obviously if your starting out underweight it ill be more. Overweight would be less. Remember you're not eating for two. Eat healthy and practice portion control.
    goodfriendeva

Answer by goodfriendeva at 5:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There is probably one at http://www.fitpregnancy.com/

Typically though the recommendation is 300 extra calories (about a bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit) over your normal calorie intake.

I'm over weight so my doctor had me eat 1500 calories for the first trimester and then 1800 the rest of the pregnancy.

2000 is the "typical" recommendation but your personal calorie needs could be lower or higher depending on your body type, activity level, etc. Ask your doctor, midwife or a nutrionist what they recommend FOR YOU!

Anonymous