Anyone else have PCOS? adult content

I found out when I was 15 that I might have it, and last year I was tested and I do. I had my son in 2008, and I had 3 periods since then, scattered out in 2008. And I havent had any since then. Ive had all kinds of tests, and been on several different kinds of birth control. On type of bc made it semi-start for 2 days, and I took it for 3 months. But nothing else has happened. Me and my husband have started talking about more kids, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen again, and it's depressing. I have talked to my doctor about it, and she knows we want to start trying for another one soon. She took me off the bc, and that was it though. i dont see how that helped anything? Im not sure what is the next step I should take in this process. Im hoping someone out there has had the same thing happen to them maybe? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• I have it. You should go see an reproductive endrocrinilogist..(sp?)
    There is an excellent group on here for women with it. It has alot of info about different treatment options.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My DH and I tried for a year and then I went to the Dr and was diagnosed w/ PCOS. She put me on Metformin and I was prego w/in 2 months. I'm divorced now so I don't know what will happen if I ever try again. Good luck to you
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I do have it. I get cysts the size of large grapes on my ovaries. It amazes me that I have been able to have 4 kids! I will be getting my left ovary removed soon here. It's debilatating! I'm just curious, how did they test you for PCOS? I would like to be tested if there is a way. I was told by several specialists that there really aren't any tests for it and they go based of ultrasounds and bloodwork in which nothing else showed up.
    There really isn't a lot you can do about it unless they remove the problem which doesn't seem to be an option for you if you wan ta baby. You never know though! You may get pregnant just fine! My friend has it too and she just had another baby!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• *raises hand* I was diagnosed 12 years ago.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have PCOS. For me I tried to get pregnant for a year before I sought help. Then I spent a year on different medications trying to get my cycle on track, then a year after that I was refered to a fertility specilist. There they put me on glucofage or Metformin to get my cycles going. This is actually a diuretic but it works really well to jumpstart your cycles. After a year of working on cycling they started me on clomid and that was supposed to help me ovulate. What finally ended up working was combining the glucofage and the clomid. It is possible for you to concieve again with PCOS it just may require help from medicines! I wish you the best of luck!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have pcos. Metformin is commonly used to help. I would look into seeing a RE like mentioned above.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 1:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011