Why wont his diaper stay on??

my son is 18 months old and all of a sudden he wont keep a diaper on... i got him a potty but he wants nothing to do with it.. and now he is taking off his diaper (right when he goes poo) and playing with it.. how do i keep his diaper on..any ideas.. this is really gross but i heard its normal.. i just dont know what to do..

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put his pants on backwards and zip up pajama's on backwards... its completely normal, and obviously in public he can't wear backwards clothes... but seriously at home button/zip his pants in the back he won't be able to get them off... same with pj's buy the footie zip up ones and put them on backwards. Problem solved :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• thank you i never thought of that.. hes just bein such a mess
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I use to zip footed pj's on backwards....worked for a while...then I had to start pinning them with a safety pin.

I have heard of moms using duck tape on the diaper...never did that though.

my dd got soooo bad and she was a little Houdini...lol....she was actually able to slip out of the footed pj's with them PINNED!!! Crazy right!

So my mom made her a suit...it was stiff cotton...so no stretch...and it zipped up the back...like a jumper....it worked until she was outta the phase.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I never had this problem although my sister did with her twin two year old boys. She just kept them in pants and a onesie and kept a close eye on them. I dont know what else to tell you. Good luck
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 4:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Im going to try backwards clothes.. my son can sneak out of his clothes.. makes him mad but he can. hes a goof.. he does it during nap time or at bedtime.. i make sure hes clean when he goes to sleep and when he wakes up its a mess.. he gets so many baths now
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son went through it too, it was smeared on his bedroom walls one time... beyond gross... that's when someone told me the backwards clothes thing, and it worked long enough to get him outta the phase. Glad I could pass along the advice :) GL
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Duct tape.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ya i witnessed the smearing today... hes done it b4 but now he wont keep one on.. imma do the backwards clothes.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• MY DS started doing this at daycare but thank GOD not with a #2 diaper. I make sure the tapes overlap. He can't ge tit off then. Heck I have a hard time getting it off when the tapes overlap.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 2:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011