How much should I charge?

I watch my sister twin two year old sons on top of my two year old down syndrome daughter. How much should I be charging to watch them. I only watch them on Mondays because she only works sun and mon. Her husband watches them sun. I also do her dishes, wash her clothes, cook the kids lunch and the whole family dinner, as well as clean up after all three kids. What would you charge? Right now I only charge $20.00. I dont work so its not like I have other plans on this day.

bobbietrayer

Asked by bobbietrayer at 4:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• $20.00 for the entire day? A normal daycare price would be $25-35 a day and thats for one child.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• That is very sweet and family helps eachother. I wouldn't charge her anymore, she only works two days :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well thats so nice that your giving her such a deal. I take care of my cousins daughter on occasion a few times a month and charge her 30.oo a day. It is in my house but she only has to bring diapers and I just feed her what i feed my own kids. I definately think you should charge a bit more since there are2 and you do her house work!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would charge $40.00 a day. you DO MORE than just babysit!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I do watch the kids at her house obviously and feed my daughter whatever I feed her kids as long as I can smash it up almost puree it although I do put alot of food in her house due to my food stamps. Thanks for the input.
    bobbietrayer

Comment by bobbietrayer (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If it was for my sister I wouldn't charge anything because they are my nieces/nephews. But I would slip in the occasionally "thank you's"..
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Most nannies (which is what you are doing on those days) make about 10 dollars an hour but since she's your sister I wouldn't charge much more than you already are. If she only works 2 days a week I doubt she can afford much more anyways and you are her sister.

After my sister had her 1st son I went to help with the baby, prepare meals, grocery shop, clean, do laundry, etc. 2-3 times a week and I never charged her. I also had one child (2 at the time) of my own and was in my last couple of weeks of pregnancy with my 2nd.
    Anonymous