make up advice

Anyone have good advice on how to put on eyeshadow but do it tastefully. I wear eyeshadow but it never looks like I have anything on. Even if I use colorful colors.

happymomof2kc

Asked by happymomof2kc at 5:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Try putting the lighter color all over the lid, then choose a darker color and simply follow the crease of your eylid with it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Use more. Or, possibly, use better makeup -the amount of pigment in high-end makeup is much higher than the cheap crap.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You need to use 2 shades. One that is light and another that is the same color but a darker shade. You put the light shade on your lid like normal and the darker shade goes beside it on the outer edge of the lid. Almay just came out with eyeshadow that has 3 shades that match all in one. GL!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• make sure you use a eye primer before you put on eyeshadow so it wont fade and crease , next try to use colors that compliment your eye color and if you want a lighter smokey eye look but thats not dramatic and still makes a statement use a copper/brown shadow in your crease
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• buy those maybelline quads! theyre preselected shades already matching. Follow step by step on the package. Just continue to practice and you will get it.The trick is to blend well. Buy neutral colors as they look great on every eye color and skin tone.
    goodfriendeva

Answer by goodfriendeva at 5:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would buy a good eye primer. Sephora has one that works pretty well and I think it's only around $8. Also, go for a higher pigmented makeup like M.A.C or maybe even from the Coastal Scents palatte. If allergies are a problem Clinique offers a good alternative. They have palattes that are color coordinated so you can have a more finished look.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 6:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i agree with musicmom but u can look on youtube for tips and illustrations
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Maybe you are not applying enough. I've notice that some brands don't really stay on the eyes too.
    Sweets27

Answer by Sweets27 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Maybe u aren't putting enough on. I usually put on eye makeup and then put another layer of powder on, but it makes it look too light, like u r talking about. Try putting on another light layer, on top of the powder layer...Don't be afraid of putting on too much because u can always blot some of it off, using a tissue.
    graceslove

Answer by graceslove at 12:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011