sleepless 2 month old

no matter what time i put him down he never sleeps. ive tried everything... any suggestions?

jennmargaret

Asked by jennmargaret at 5:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried a warm bath before bed? that always worked for my son.
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 5:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yup warm lavender bath no help.
    jennmargaret

Comment by jennmargaret (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• he's probably going through a growth spurt.. My son was never a good sleeper.. we barely got through it.. still at 3, he is not a good sleeper but baby time was the worst.. for months from 5 to 8 he LIVED in his swing for sleeps/naps.. some nights I propped him on his boppy and I fell asleep while snuggling and rocking him.. rocking chair.. car rides, white noise, music, static on the radio - loud fan in his room.. try it ALL but more than just a night
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• PS my son got totally over stimulated from Lavender scent...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• thanx i will have to try some of your suggestions.
    jennmargaret

Comment by jennmargaret (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We always found it worked best for us to get into a sleep time routine that was always the same.  Diaper change, swaddling perhaps, lights out, drapes pulled, soft music on or singing, cuddling/rocking/swaying. When the baby got drowsy he was laid down. If done in the same manner, all the time, the baby picks up on the cues and knows it's time for sleeping. The lady I do childcare for has also asked me to follow a set routine with her baby. If the baby cries at all it isn't for long. And I don't mean screaming his lungs out, but minor fussing. This is what worked for us. Our kids were good sleepers and happy babies.  GL!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i agree..putting them to bed at the same time every night can do wonders!
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 5:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ..lol.. I agree also with routine and schedules... my son craved it.. in EVERY other way lol!~ not saying it doesn't work for some, just don't feel guilty or bad if it doesn't work for his sleep -but, yet another thing to really give a good chance!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• try a warm bath with lightly sented baby soap. Do you have a bed time routine? Babies love routines.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my son was the same way. i got a white noise player and played a heart beat sound in his room all night. also had a night light in the room. when i did that he would sleep at least 4hrs before getting up to want to eat.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011