major problem with my toddler

hi im ashley i have a son maurice he will be 2 in june and we have been though alot of changes in the past 6 months and hes very needy! well extremly needy! which is understandable but i need advice on how to tame him

MrsKoolAid

Asked by MrsKoolAid at 5:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• He is needy because the changes. He may feel like you will change too. He is holding on to you. Try to comfort him and give him a lot of quality time, he should recover then :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What specifically are the issues you're having?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would let him be needy for as long as he needs to be. It won't be forever and ify ou have had lots of changes then that is what he needs.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Make sure he's getting enough love and attention. Babies crave it. There's nothing wrong with it, it's how babies are.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't know what kind of changes but you need to give him a lot of one on one time with you and your SO. Plus praise when he does things right. Plus be very consistent with your rules and discipline. Take his most favorite thing away for awhile if he does not listen. Give him a warning that this will happen. Or if you are trying time outs make sure he understands it. He is young and it can be difficult for little ones to understand time out. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• he just cries all day! he comunicates with only tears and wines
    MrsKoolAid

Comment by MrsKoolAid (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• He is needy because he is not sure how to handle all the changes. If he has some stablity (not saying that your not stable) then hopefully he will become more secure himself. He is scared and not sure how to express himself is what it sounds like. And communicate to him that he need to use his words if he can. If he colors yet try to get him to color his emotions or feelings. This can help as well. I agree to give him one on one time and reasure him that you are there. You are a constent in his life. He may be worried that you may leave (with everything else changing. You may need to hold and rock him alot.
    My daughter is like that at times now- we switched daycare and it is farther away from home so I get alot less time with her on a work day. She started crying and waking up at night. Once I hold her and rock her she is okay.
    Good luck.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• okay for starters i am aware that children cry! and i do understand why hes crying! he was never like this before! i just wanna know what i should do to help him feel better! but thanks anyways
    MrsKoolAid

Comment by MrsKoolAid (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I said find something that you all can do together that never changes. You stated that you have been through alot of changes well he is very young to understand so find a special thing that you and him can do so that something in his life is the same. Like if it telling a story do it in different places but let the story always be with you cuddling him. If it is a game or toy make this his comfort item .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If there is little stability in your life right now, he may feel the need to cling...I say let him. Once you can provide a stable environment he will be more trusting and independent...good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2011