Annie? adult content

I see your post got deleted... being named doesn't much bother me, so I feel bad that it was reported.

I'm still not sure what you wanted to know. You disagreed with me. I simply spoke from experience- regardless of what she says, you can't know what she is feeling.

I'd like to ask the "ladies" who stated that the friend should be sterilized, was a bitch, didn't care about her child, etc. etc. etc. Have you ever been single mother?

It may be hard to swallow, because of the stigma associated with single mothers, but married women make bad choices as well- like staying with men that are abusive "for the children". Being married does not make the father any more a trust worthy, responsible, or "safe" individual to have around the child than a fuck buddy.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 5:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Bump. Good post you are 100% right about what you said in the last paragraph.
    BTW I didn't report it. I though she just deleted it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Obby, I always wonder when people say stuff like that if they ever were in the situation that is being discussed. Not just the previous post. I think people that have been through what is being talked about are more sensetive to the situation.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i agree with you, but who is Annie? was it the anons name?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I log off to start dinner an automatically miss something! OP I hope you find who you are looking for because what you are saying sounds good and reasonable. I'll bump it .
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Annie = Annon.

I am still not sure about the purpose of her question, but to elicit anger.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• And I must say, Kudos to you for not condoning the behavior, but being respectful and honest!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I hate it that people automatically assume that someones a bad mother and doesn't care for her child just because they are having difficulty. No one can truely know what someone is dealing with unless they are right there. Some just need a little extra help. Some say parenting is natural and instinct but if you were raised in an abusive or neglectful home it's just not true.
    So I agree.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I saw the post you are talking about. I think you gave an honest answer and I agree with your answer.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Damn! I missed the post.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You know, I appreciate you agreeing with me. But that really wasn't the point.

I would truly love to hear from the "ladies" who stated that this woman should be sterilized, doesn't care about her child, is a whore, should have her child taken from her, etc.
    There isn't a day that goes by, when I don't look at my babies and see the very best parts of their father that ever existed. It hurts, and nothing can take that pain away, no matter how much you love your child.

I also fit the bill for the married woman who made bad choices, which is how I became a single mother. To protect my children, and ensure that they grew up in a home devoid of abuse, even if it was only with one parent... or, *gasp* a man other than their father. It has turned out to be the latter of the two, and we're as much a family as any other who are bound together by blood, the difference is that we're bound by love.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011