my tailbone hurts. is it pregnancy related?

my tailbone hurts n i looked it up on google but i just skimmed thu the articles. they say it mite b prego related cuz the ligaments r slowly streaching.i was wondering y just with this pregnancy.i mean i have 2 boys n this didnt happen.is it cause im havin a girl n the pregnancys diffrent.lol.idk.

babymammagirl

Asked by babymammagirl at 1:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol i dunno i know mine has hurt bad with this one but thats caues im on it so much being on bed rest and all
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am goin through the same thing right now the dr said it's normal and to get one of those maternity braces or whatever there called, and to just take tylanol if i need it. I don't know if it has anything to do with it being a girl.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• that whole area around your pelvis is moving and expanding. (which is why our rear ends tend to get larger during pregnancy) lol...

i know it is painful.. i sprained my tail bone like 6 times and it hurts even when im not pregnant. :( then my hips hurt if i lay on my side. i prettty much dont sleep lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have had major tailbone pain as well during my pregnancy, it was so bad I couldn't bare to sit down on it. The doctor told me that my baby is laying down there and putting pressure on it. She told me to get down on all fours and arch my back like a scared cat to get the baby to move up and also to wear a pregnancy belt.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 2:09 AM on Nov. 14, 2008