son falls on pregnant belly

im 29 weeks and 5 days pregnant,i was laying on my bed with my hubby and my 1 year old son was playing around with his dad on his back and fall hard on my belly,since that happen,the baby has not moved,befor it happen he was moving like crazy but since his brother fell on me he stopped.im scared and worried.what can i do? also it happen at 3:40 and now its 4:58 and i am having some cramps

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• call your OB right now
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• you can go to the er and have the baby checked out. maybe try eating/drinking something with a lot of sugar in it to get the baby to move around. call your dr.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• okay! if something where to have happend to your child (death) you would still feel movement! its called phantohm baby movement! how long has it been????
    MrsKoolAid

Answer by MrsKoolAid at 5:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you are worried, bleeding, or leaking fluid, go to urgent care and have them check for a heartbeat, but babies are really cushioned in mommies womb so falls don't usually cause problems even when mommy trips and falls on her own belly. Before you go to UC try eating something that you know usually gets baby moving or even put a heating pad on your tummy for just a few minutes.
    Anonymous

• You can call the doctor if you're really worried. My 2 year old actually jumped on my belly when I was pregnant . I had fallen asleep with him on the sofa, he woke up and he jumped on me right on the belly I was about 7 months pregnant. I was really worried, and went to see the doctor, but the baby was fine. The doctor said there is so much amniotic fluid, and other things that cushion the baby, that they can usually withstand quite a bit of shock, but it's a good idea to check.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• why did i get voted down, i wasnt being rude was i? i didnt mean to, i was just saying what i would do if it happened to mesimple frown

pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would call your OB just to make sure everything is ok.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Go to the E.R Immediately! If your still having cramps it may also cause early labor and they can stop that! So go to E.R!! I hope you and baby are ok good luck and may God Bless You!!!!!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 7:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you think he hit hard enough to hurt the baby you should call or go into the er..
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't be afraid to call your ER, OB, or DR. when I was 7 months prego I was walking out of a store with my sisters and my autistic nephew. My sisters don't pay attention to their children so when my Autistic nephew ran out into the street and my sisters did run after him I did. well no one warned me that when you are prego your balance gets thrown off and running just aint happening. I fell on the pavement belly first. Bruised my chest, knee, and hand. I called my sisters dr since I was not anywhere close to my dr. who told me that as long as I was not bleeding vaginally, leaking fluids, or cramping then there was no need to go in.
    To help with no movement - one trick I have learned with my now 3 pregnancies it so wiggle the bottom side of your belly with your hands. It wakes baby up and you can usually get a few movements out of it. works every time for me.

Good Luck!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011