7 yrs old in April. Still hasn't lost any baby teeth.

My 6 year old is wondering why his classmates have been losing teeth yet he hasn't lost any. So I told him I'd ask you guys to see if any other almost 7 year old still have all their baby teeth.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 5:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter will be 7 in September. You can certainly see her teeth starting to space out in her mouth and make room for bigger teeth. That said, there's not a single wiggler in there. ;) She did get her baby teeth 'late-ish.' My oldest was 6 months when his first tooth emerged and he was 5 1/2 when he lost his first tooth. My daughter was closer to 10 months when the first erupted and it took her several more weeks for the 2nd and it seemed like the rest would never show up. LOL! She's still hanging in there now at 6 yrs and 4 months. In fact, she recently flew into a fit of "NO FAIR!" complete with begging her brother to just help make one loose after our puppy shed his baby teeth before her - and to add insult to her injury, the puppy of course, was only months old! I have a friend whose daughter didn't lose her first until she was over 7. It happens. Tell him he's not alone.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i've heard they lose them ..kinda like they came in..if your child was a late bloomer then he may be late to lose them. if a child gets teeth early then they fall out sooner
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Have you asked the dentist?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my son turned 6 in nov and has only lost the 2 bottom...he lost the right before his bday
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son had to have 4 teeth pulled around the time he turned 7. He had 2 teeth coming in and his weren't falling out. (they pulled 4 because he wouldn't have room otherwise. Braces in his future. Must take after me, I had to have 4 adult teeth pulled because my mouth is too small) the rest he's lost have fallen out on their own. the orthodontist says he's about 1 yr behund on losing teethe. Was your son late getting his teeth? that sometimes is a reason.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Some kids just loose them later than others. Just as baby teeth all come in on their own schedule, it's the same with losing them. I would just tell him they will fall out when they are ready.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No, I haven't asked the dentist. He just had a check up and cleaning a couple months ago and he's never had a cavity. It doesn't worry me but he, as a 6 yr old, is curious.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My mouth was too small as well. I had to have this horrific mouth crank to widen my jaw. I pray my kids don't have to go through that.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't remember him being late getting teeth, not to where it was noticeable anyways...
    Orionsgirl