pa partyline consultant?

anyone from pa a partylite consultant?

sophiasmommy720

Asked by sophiasmommy720 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Mia Bella's here and from Ohio...so nope =)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• hey i love the mia bella i just dont have the money to start up right away i would love to make a website get some ppl to buy stuf and then purchase one of their kits but thats not possible so
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We aren't in PA....but in NY. And when my husband was still in landscaping one of his co-workers and his co-workers girlfriend joined partylite. I told my husband to warn him they direct sales is tough and you'll see a lot of rejection. He told his co-worker and he didn't believe us. They spent $600 on buying extras besides the kit, booked 10 parties and were totaly psyched. Until half the parties that cancelled and the other ones were flops. They quit selling altogether about 3 months later, in the hole about $1,000!

Trust me, I've been with 5 different companies, including Avon. I would buy 500 brochrues some campaigns, I had lawn signs, car decals, t-shirts and purses saying I sell Avon, ask me for a free brochure.....I left brochures everywhere, I did various specials, help facial nights, pedicure nights, even had ideas published in the newsletters reps get, and still I couldn't keep more than $50 in my pocket...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ....some can do fabulous....part of it is your customer. Are they the kind of people who can only afford a 99 cent mini lotion or only place $10 orders....or are you living or near an area where women spend money like water and you can get them to buy $100s in the expensive creams and cleansers? The average household is struggling, they need ways to save money and can't spend it on the "wants" these days.

Partylite and all these other companies are for the most part awesome. Their products are great. But can I afford $20 for one candle? Nope. I used to love their Ice Castle, the thing was like $80....for a glass candle holder. Yes it was beautiful, but $80 for something to hide on a top shelf so the kids can't get it? They aren't practical. And if it's not practical or a need, it's harder to sell. You could put lots of money into trying to get sales and get NOTHING in return.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• oh wow thank you for the advice and im sorry that you had such a bad turn out with these companies. You sell mia bella? if so do you find that you like it a lot? I found it seemed pretty legit and I really liked there products its just right now I dont have the extra money to put into it to buy the starter kit. I have been trying to work more but my situation has left that limited right now with the cost of daycare and what not. but if I do come up with the extra money I would like to try the mia bella products.
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I personally don't....i refuse to ever join another direct sales company and waste anymore of my time trying to make something work. I want something that DOES work. I responded to one of your questions about the ebay. Besides that my husband and I started a carpet cleaning business. Last year, doing it part time we did about $30,000...this year we plan on hiring another team and we are booking commercial work a lot lately, so we are already contracted to do almost quadruple what we did this past year.

The ebay, does $120-$150 when I'm selling....I didn't really list much this week. But the money I make I use for groceries and anything"fun" we choose to do.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• huh thanks ill have to try it out i have tons of baby clothes my daughter grew out of. thanks for the advice
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• sophiasmommy, I think I can help you. I sent you a message.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011