Why are people so quick to tell another woman doesn't deserve her kids?

It is alarming to me how quick some are to tell another person they don't deserve their children. That's a pretty loaded statement that shouldn't be used so loosely IMO. We all struggle with life. We have all made poor decisions.

I am not referring to people who abuse or neglect their children either. I'm referring to someone not agreeing with someone elses morals or way of life.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Beats me. I was told I shouldn't be a mother since I was an Atheist. I had to block the lady since she kept sending hate mail to me and attacking me and my children. Some women on here will find the smallest excuse to say that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have never said that to someone who obviously was doing the best she could. Not everyone is the same, all kids are not going to be raised the same, I try not to judge b/c someone's believes different things than I do.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• some people are self rightous! and think their way is the only way! and some people think if your not rich your not good enough to be a mother
    MrsKoolAid

Answer by MrsKoolAid at 6:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It funny how they might question someone else's motives and to me they have some issues with being a parent. I feel the worst thing that you can teach your child is to not be open to things. I am teaching my 2 year old to listen and hear what people have to say. Many laugh but he always wants to interrupt but I let him know that there are many ways to do things. That in life we might take differents ways or paths and still make it to where we all wanted to be.
    I think people get on this trip of believing that they are right all the time. Life is about mistakes and not doing everything perfect.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Because people are cruel and judgemental. And don't realize how cruel and judgemental they are. The truth of the matter is, there are many ways of parenting and loving your kdis, and nobody does it perfectly.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Asking the wrong person. I've been told that my kids should be taken away from me before I sacrificed them to my demon master, that I don't deserve kids because I did't baptize them as soon as they were born, and that because I'm divorced I'm not capable of being a good mother to my kids.

*sigh*

My kids are clean, intelligent, articulate, funny, affectionate, generous, polite (most of the time), and don't give me any trouble about cursing, running around town, girls or anything else, (escept occasionally grades). They're also both extremely outspoken and can argue their points better than some adults I know!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• because women seem to feel like everytime they say a girl's ugly, they get prettier. same thing with parenting. pointing out someone's shortcomings as a parent is cruel and immature. 98% of moms are doing the absolute best they can. the 2% who aren't could probably benefit more if someone was caring, supportive and helpful instead of talking shit about them!
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i am not sure why people do that.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011