do you goto buffets often? what kinds?

also do you set rules there or let your kids free-for-all it?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My favorite buffet back in the states was Souper Salad. I'd take the kids and they'd choose what they'd want on their salads...it was healthy. We'd do CiCi's and the kids would get their fill. We had Golden Corral and it was a good place that the kids also enjoyed, but their ice cream machines were really yogurt. And my other favorite was a Chinese food buffet, but normally after 3 small plates of food...I was done.
    We'd go with the kids to help put the food on their plates so they didn't just stock up on fruit or dessert before dinner.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• They don't really have buffets in Washington state

VERY TRUE! When I was living there the only buffet style places I found were Chiense food.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• They don't really have buffets in Washington state. When we are home we might go to one. We take our kids around and get the food that they choose. Our oldest is six and she is not ready to get her own food.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• not often, very rarely infact. wish we could go more, but not an option right now. the place we usually go to is a local chinese buffet. dont have to set a limit for the kids, they barely finish one plate (except for our 4 year old, who will consume the entire tray of white rice if allowed!) but i probably would for DH.. lol he has the tendency to over-indulge a bit when it comes to buffets! :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We go for Chinese buffet and no rules are set, I've never even heard of such a thing. We usually go for lunch and then skip dinner if we over did things.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I love buffets... but they don't love me lol! I don't go very often at all. But when I do I like Golden Corral
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• The only buffet style place we have gone to is HUHOT SP? lol..... Our boys like it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There are only 2 buffet places near me. One is a Chinese place that got horrible ratings on Yelp so I didn't bother, and the other is Hometown Buffet. We only go every couple of weeks. The kids are 12 and 11, so I don't need to set limits on them. They're both pretty good about eating well. My oldest tends to watch me, since I'm a fiend for carbs and I'll stock up on rolls if I get away with it.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We don't go often. We go to Sweet Tomatoes (Soup Plantation) or a local Vegetarian Indian place. The kids know what they are and are not allowed to eat (no meat or sea food) and the older kids are old enough to help themselves. DH or I help our 5 yr old.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I love Soup Plantation, and the lunch buffet at Sizzler. There is also a Cuban buffet near us that I love, and the Brunch Buffet at El Torito on the pier, I enjoy buffets, but don't go very often because I get in trouble. We have a lot of great buffets around here, and I try to stay away!

I used to love SouperSalad too, but they're gone now here anyway.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011