can they...

i have (AB-) blood and my SO has (B-) blood... is it possible to have a baby with a (+) blood type??? the reason im asking is because i dont think i can and dont find the Rhogam shot necessary.. my midwife hasnt even mentioned the shot to me yet but wanna know if i need to bring it up or not..

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No your child will be rh negative. The only people who have to worry is when the wife is - and the husband is +. She will not bring up the shot because there is no reason for you to get it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• no you do not need it the baby will be rh-. how far along are you? if you needed it you would get the shot at 28 weeks and again within 72 hours after the baby was born if it had a positive blood type. Be glad you don't need it they hurt really bad I have had it 6 times due to 2 miscarriages and 2 babies with positive blood types.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2011