he's confusing me

I met a guy a couple of weeks ago, we exchanged numbers, we have been talking alot since than, texts, phone calls, chatting on yahoo im, we are even facebook friends. exchanging numbers was his idea, the chat thing was his idea, facebook was his idea. its very hard for me to get out because of the kids, so we havent been out together at all. last night we were talking and I mentioned maybe meeting for coffee saturday. He said Yes right away. So I get it all set up to get a sitter, Im super excited I text him to tell I got a sitter, he writes back and says hes very very sorry but he forgot he was going to be out of town. I reply something like "oh ok, well maybe we can try to get together, some time during the week or the weekend after" he write back, "I dont want to say yes incase something comes up, we will talk about it later ok?" So here is where Im confused, he said yes so fast last night and told me a number of times he couldnt wait to see me on saturday, then when i text him he forgot he was goinng out of town? and now he dont want to say yes to any other time in case something comes up? He seemed really into me, and i feel like if he was really into me he would make some time to go out with me. when we do video call thing he is smiling the entire time, telling me howpretty he thinks I am, how he cant wait until we get to spend some time together. So why the change all of the sudden?Did I mess up asking him to meet me for coffee? am I looking too much into it? Is it possible he was excited abut going out and really forgot about a trip he planned? i dont know what do you ladies think? Talk to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds married to me.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he met someone else perhaps

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would suspect he already has a girlfriend, so or wife
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• that was my first thoughts he has someone or he met someone. but why say yes last night? Why not just say oh no ive got a trip planned? you know?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Guys! They just drive us nuts sometimes! If he does it again I'd ask him what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 6:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• He wanted to meet you. That is why he said yes. Now he is feeling guilt or his wife planned a good night with him. kwim
    Anonymous

• we both agreed we would take things slow, bc ive only been divorced for 7 months, and he just got out of a relationship about 6 months ago. i just felt like we have been spending so much time talking and stuff, I thought it would be nice to go out spend some time in person together. He has mentioned money is kinda tight for him, I was kinda thinking maybe he does have the money to go out and just doesnt want to say it. I dont know!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• He's is married or has a SO. Do you knw his full name? His address? Where he lives at all?

Answer by louise2 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Set back and let him make the next move. If he doesn't in a month. Move on. and cut him out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i know his full name, and i know what city and apts he lives in but thats it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011