Are you a controlling wife?

I was reading a question on going to buffet resturants and I'm surprised at how many women commented on setting limits for what their husbands eat. This seems really controlling to me and not anything I would ever do. What about you? Do you control what your husband eats or does?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• No way. My husband can eat what ever he wants. At home I kind of control it but that's because I buy all the food but I do ask him what he would like to eat that week. But he eats as much as he wants. I don't tell him to eat certain things.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Oh geeze, I'm not THAT controlling at all! He can eat whatever he wants, in fact I encourage him to eat. A man should be a man, not a twig.
    As far as other things, he does what makes him happy but he's also smart enough to make sure it keeps his wife happy as well. If he's thinking about doing something I'm not okay with, I will surely let him know.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes,because otherwise he'd eat til he popped! I don't do it in a mean way,I just mention he has to watch himself healthwise

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol are you referring to my answer?

it was a joke, calm down. i dont literally set a limit for my husband. he can eat til he's rolled out of the restaurant for all i care. i would never tell my husband how much to eat, just as i would never expect him to do that to me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• tnm786 - not just your answer and I'm not upset - just curious...I've read things on here before and I have to wonder if women really do treat their men like children as much as it seems.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i would hate it if my husband told me what i could and couldnt eat, but maybe those women had husbands with health issues like high blood pressure or something else. i think in that case its different, but otherwise i wouldnt say anything unless he was embarrassing me :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Show me a controlling wife, and I'll show you a passive aggressive husband.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• well big mis-understanding then. i forget on the internet you can't always read sarcasm and tone. i wish you could though, as i am extremely sarcastic and almost everything that comes out of my mouth or onto the keyboard is sarcasm. i forget to put "just kidding/JK" after some of my answers and then people who don't know my humor probably think i am a huge bitch! or a controlling wife :) lol but no, i am actually very non-controlling! so polar opposite from it! i said it that way to illustrate how much my husband would eat at a buffet :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We're sort of the opposite. We love to go out to eat and we tend to be a bad influence on each other. Not 10 minutes ago, I called him and said "Hey, I'm craving takeout. You in?" And of course, he is. We don't have a horrible diet or anything, but we do find it nearly impossible to say no when the other is craving something.
    The only thing that I am always checking up on him over is that every day I make sure he takes his medication. I do worry about his health and that's one thing I do stay on top of.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• He lives his life, I only ask that is he is going to be very late he txt me so I don't worry. If that is controlling, then I guess so... He eats what he wishes, goes where he wishes, speaks to who he wishes, wears what he wishes, and does not ever need to answer to me for it. I've never understood a woman saying 'I wouldn't let him'... HELLO!!! Earth to crazy woman, he isn't a possession.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011