What's a good diaper rash product?

My son has had diarreah over being ill lately, & his little butt is so raw & red! I've been using an ointment, but it just dosen't seem to be helping much. He gets a shower or bath after he poops too, so it's not on him long. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oldest DS had serious diaper rash issues, it was almost like he was allergic to his own stool! Anyway the best product I found was called DR. SMITHS it's not exactly inexpensive (around 7-8 $ for 2oz) but it works! The only place I have ever seen it though is at Walgreens. I heard walmart was supposed to start carrying it but haven't actually seen it on a shelf. Good Luck!
    love2bemommy03

Answer by love2bemommy03 at 2:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Thanks! I'll get some later this morning at Walgreens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Aside from the cream (I've always found Desitin to work well) you may want to try adding some cornstarch to his bath. My daughter has Eczema and her doc says that cornstarch has a healing/soothing accect to raw skin. Good luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my son has severe nappy rash it gets soo bad that it blisters.i got fed up with all the so called anti nappy rash creams and powders i went to the doctor and he prescribed micreme and another cream called zinz and castor oil.you massage in the micreme which is helping the rash from being sore and then you put the zinc and castor oil on and that acts as a barrier cream to stop bugs from getting to it,its helped my son tremendously and within 2 days of use the rash had disapeared,i still use it even when it isnt there.
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 2:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Johnsons and Johnson's 3-1 it keeps the moisture away and clears up the rash within one or 2 times of using it and it is in the baby section at Walmart right before diaper wipes if they don't have any at the time try baby aveeno let him sit in it for about 5 minutes,but if you can get it Johnson and Johnson best I have found.
    hope this helps

colamansgirl
    colamansgirl

Answer by colamansgirl at 7:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I've used aquaphor it works great. Use some sort of cream on the rest spots, the cover wtih aquaphor or vasaline to prevent the diahrrea for irriating more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I always use rosebud salve, stuff is amazing, will clear it up the same day!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Generic butt paste
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• With dd, none of the regular diaper creams worked for me. I found that Bag Balm works wonders!! It was actually made for cow udders, to keep them from getting raw and cracking. You can buy it just about anywhere. Some places carry it in the pet section, some in the cream section. It comes in a green tin. It has worked wonders for me. I highly recommend it!! GL with your little one!!!
    tscritch

Answer by tscritch at 8:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have had the best luck with Burts Bee's Baby Bee diaper rash cream. It has bees wax in it. My daughter reacted really badly to apple juice, and she got a terrible diaper rash. I tried everything, and I mean everything! The only thing that worked was the Burts Bees Baby Bee. You can get it at Target. Its a little expensive, but it really works.
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2008