Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

My neighbor is not mentally stable and she continues to call the police on me! PLEASE READ THOUROGHLY How can I make her stop!

I actually avoid her because she complains about others. Is nosey, and always gets involved where she doesn't belong. She took the liberty to trim the neighbors bushes and told her they looked like shit and she wasn't going to do anything about it so she did. She screams at the kids in the street on their bikes and shakes her fist at them. She thinks everyone is on drugs, and complains about other people's yards when she has old furniture in her driveway!!!This summer her and her husband were hiding behind a tree spying on me while I worked in my garden. She has called the police on me saying I abuse my dogs four times. How she would know is beyond me seeing as they are house dogs. Recently this happened again. She called saying I left my chiuauah mx outside all night. Really? It was 23 below zero, he would be dead. And it makes me uneasy to know that he was only outside for 15 min and the cops were at my door.

The cops think it's funny and that she's crazy. The allegations are always unfounded.They also said it's her right to call, even though she's making it up. They told me there is nothing I can do about the spying because it's on her property. I don't like the negative attention of the cops at my house all the time. I worry people won't want their kids to come over to the "bad" house. It is also un nerving that I am being watched and I don't know when. I have done nothing to this woman. I haven't said more than 5 words to her in 3 years. She does all the talking. It's creepy.


Asked by Musicmom80 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

Level 36 (80,428 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (26)
  • I think my mom lives on the other side of you. Her neighbor is much the same way. it didn't stop until she went to jail. The wench sprayed my mom in the face with a pressurized hose and knocked one of her molars out. My parents got it on video and went to court. 3 years PRO (perm restraining order), 4 months jail, 6 months probation, and court expenses. My parents put cameras on their house because of this woman. She hired gangbangers to jump my dad in his own garage!

    Document, document, document. Get names of responding officers, dates, times, complaints. Talk to your city DA and see if you can file a TRO. Point out how much city resources she wastes per call.

    Answer by geminilove at 7:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • The cops just laugh at it? They should tell her if she continues to call she can get in trouble for making false calls all the time. That's a waste of resources.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • Maybe try calling the adult social services in your area and let them know there may be someone who needs help due to her actions and that the police laugh at the situation. You dont know one day she just might loss it and then what?.

    Answer by UHNCDM at 6:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • Ok you have the right to live your life and I would have gotten the police officers badge numbers. I do not know where you live but police here would ahve told her to stop making unfounded report or they are running her in. Let her know that calling will keep them from getting to a more serious crime. I think that you are going to have to do some research on your area talk to the alderman or mayor's office there is something that can be done. If her house looks bad there are fines that she can be given and things to keep her busy for a while.

    Answer by karing4elmas at 6:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • Your only recourse is probably to move away from her, but if that's not possible, I say just live your life and be nice to the policemen when they stop by--maybe even offer them a cup of coffee or something.

    Answer by NannyB. at 6:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • If she calls the cops enough, I would see if you can file a harassment charge as the charges are unfounded. And start keeping a record of her incidents and the cop visits to support your case. GL

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • Start keeping a log off all police visits and all interaction with her. If you see her spying on you, write down the time and date and exactly what you witnessed. Write down EVERYTHING. It all adds up to harassment, but if you don't have documentation, then it is your word against hers.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • I will also say that we had a crazy lady like that across the street from us and we ended up befriending her. SO at least she asn;t harassing us. Not sure if that is an option, but you catch more flies with honey and all that.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • You can either move or just ignore it. As long as you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. I thought, however, that what she's doing would be considered wasting police time and was something that constituted a warning at least.

    Answer by leah_rai at 6:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • yeah i thought that you get in trouble if you keep calling the police with false information? i dont know what you can do about it though short of moving though =/


    Answer by pookipoo at 6:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011