These are braxton hicks right??

yesterday I kept feeling crampy, thought nothing of it cause thats how i always feel. but on the way home for an hour every 4 min of so i get this tightening and pain like cramping that i just need to breath through. its not one that really takes my breath away, no discharge, but its just enough to be painful that i get mood swing really fast. baby girl did not move the whole time. but once i got home and layed in bed to relax she moved but i still had a few, and some today. im tring to be cautious cause she does have a issue the dr's think is serious with her brain, but my mom says its just her getting ready.. ill be 27 weeks friday. beginning of my 7th month.. im assumnig this is normal right>?

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If they are consistent for a hour then they are REAL. I would go to L&D just to be safe
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would go get checked just in case.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 6:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Call your on call doctor and he may send you in. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I had contractions starting at 5 months with my 2nd pregnancy and my BH contractions where about as bad a pre-term labor. When I would talk to my dr he would ask me about time and frequency. did I have them all day and how far apart are they. I am 5 months prego now and I talked to my him the other day about BH and he said that as long as they go away then I am ok and when ever you feel them coming on you should drink a glass of water and lay down on your side. If the contraction go away then you are ok. If they continue or get closer together you should go in to OB and be monitored. If you begin to have pain or pressure with them then you should call OB. He also said that if at anytime I felt concerned about them that I should go in and get monitored in OB and not to wait to make an appointment to see him.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011