organization problems

for those of you who are super organized, which room should I start with? i need to get this small little ranch house organized...should I do the kitchen first? living room? or bathrooms

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Start with the larger rooms since they will require the most work and try not to do the whole house in 1 day break it down into 2-3 days.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 7:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would start with the kitchen because I spend so much time cooking, then I would start at the front of the house, and work my way through it one room at a time.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• The room/s you use the most. Go from there.

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am getting ready to start this epic battle myself! 3 BR house..out of control!!! I am starting with the living room (the front)...and working my way through the kitchen to the rooms!!!! The kids rooms are going to be a biiiiggg deal...but it must be done! I have made a list of things I need to become more organized (baskets and totes) and I am going from there!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would start with the bathrooms and work my way up. You'll get a quick sense of accomplishment and feel better about tackling the larger areas. One idea I have heard of for bathrooms is to get serving trays to go on the counters to house loose items. For our bathroom with two sinks, my husband has his tray for his shaving kit, and i have mine for makeup/tissues.

The kitchen can be daunting because there are so many loose items that are needed on a regular basis!! One tip I've heard is to get rid of extra coffee cups (most people own far too many anyway, keep 3-4 per adult) and also to put utensils in a box and only pull out what you're going to use. After a month or so, what's left in the box that isn't seasonal can be donated. Consider donating items like bread machines/juicers that haven't been used in ages and are stealing valuable counter space/storage space.

Start small and feel accomplished!! Good luck!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011