Why wont a single man date a single mother?

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Some single men aren't looking to play house
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There's a reason they are still single! lol They're in no way ready for the responsibility or committement.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I recently dated a single guy. I am guessing you mean a guy with no kids??? It didn't work out for me though. The guy didn;t grt it that he could not have all of my attention.
    chicanueva

Answer by chicanueva at 7:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You can find a single man that will accept the fact that you have children. I know it is never easy though I already had 1 child before I met DH and he has never treated her any different than the ones we have together.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 7:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was a single mom, and met lots of great guys that didn't have a problem with it. My husband had no kids, and I had one when we met.

A child can be a lot of extra responsibility, especially if a guys is fairly young....not to mention the baggage of the child's father.

There are plenty of great guys out there though, so just keep your heart open.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think its cause they think you are looking for someone to take care of you and your child and to be the baby daddy.. I don''t get it But I think that is why.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 7:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There are different reasons. Some men don't want to deal with the "ex" drama. Some don't want to deal with children that aren't theirs. Some don't want kids. I have kids, and I wouldn't want to date someone with kids of his own. Everybody has their reasons. I think it's a big thing to ask a man to take on a ready-made family, but when you find one who does, it can be a great relationship.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• im a single mother and have dated both single childless men and single fathers. i find i have more in common and enjoy spending time more with other parents, though. a man without children doesn't understand my joy over potty successes or my frustration with biting.
    i think, though, that single mothers often put every bit of focus onto their children. i did for the first year of my daughter's life, and when i began dating again, i found i didn't have much to talk about besides my kid. (fascinating to me, very boring to men, probably lol). once i began involving myself in work again and began college, i felt like i had something to offer in a relationship again. interesting daily events that didn't revolve around baby food... etc. a single mother who's looking to date should keep in mind that men want women, not just mommies.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm a single mom and date a single man

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It's not for everyone, but a lot of single guys do. I'm a divorced mom and my boyfriend is a single man with no kids and we are doing just fine!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011