• In the Spotlight:

what kind of jeans don't flatten your butt.

i'm a size 2 jean and i have a nice round muscular butt. i bought these jeans from aeropostle.com and they make my butt look flat. it's awful. i have one pair of jeans that round out my butt and i also have my yoga pants. what kind of jeans form to your butt instead of flattening it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Shopping

• I have a big bootie so I don't have an issue with any of them flattening my butt. However I would try the boot cut or bell bottoms style. The ones I buy at Maurices are really good for that kind of thing. And they're relatively cheap.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Sometimes it's the pockets. If the pockets are too big, then it looks like you have no butt. If your butt is really big and you want it to look smaller then you would wear one's with bigger pockets. Make sense?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• the ones i bought are boot cut and i do have a big butt. it's the way the fabric is shaped that creates the illusion of flatness. you can clearly see i have a booty with my yoga pants and my one pair of good jeans that my friend gave me a few years ago so i don't know where she got them
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• that actually does make sense. so pocketless jeans?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Then try small pockets or even no back pockets if you want more definition.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• As a sista i dont have that issue but skinny jeans never flattens the butt
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Go to The Gap. They have decent selection and they love to talk to you about jeans lol. My fave pair of jeans ever came from there.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I wear True Religion, Miss Me and Big Star and do not have that problem.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011