Motrin in applesauce....

My 3 year old is having a fit over taking some motrin.....the only way i got her to take ONE dose in 3 days is mixing it into a bowl of applesauce. She ate it and it seemed to help her sleep.

Dose the applesauce ruin the medicine because of the acid? Can I continue to do this until its time to stop taking it? She usually takes Umcka....from Nature's Approtch but they have stopped making it avaliable around here where we live, I would have to drive like an hour and a half to the nearest retailer. ( which i have no problem doing if this Motrin stuff isn't working)

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I have always mixed it in applesauce, pudding and even a little juice at my peds recommendation so I guess it's okay. She said the big thing was that whatever you mix it in they have to finish or you have no idea how much they got.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yep she ate the the whole serving. Thank you for responding
    MommyTurtle1985

Comment by MommyTurtle1985 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It should be fine. Applesauce is a frequent thing to get kids to take meds and not know it. I would only mix a couple spoonfuls with the Motrin though to make sure she gets ALL the meds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, that is great idea for helping children take medication. I will use this for future situations when they arise.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We mix it in as well and the doc said it was fine.
    mkula

Answer by mkula at 5:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• you could also try mixing any type of medicine into her drinks if shes stil drinking from a sippycup. all of my kids medicine are mixed with their drinks works wonders!!!
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 5:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011