Baby and Cows Milk

When do u start introducing cows milk to your baby? My daughter is 10months but im on WIC and they said around 10 to 11 months but i have no idea lol

Ashley2810

Asked by Ashley2810 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WIC has NO right telling you what or when to feed your child. If you have questions, ask the baby's doctor. Every child is different and can handle foods at different ages. My son had milk from almost day 1 and was on all tablefood and 2% milk at 8 months old. He has NO allergies or health problems. All with the consent of his doctor.

As a matter of fact NO ONE has a right to tell you what to feed your child but YOU. You parent the way you feel is best for your child and don't worry about what anyone else says.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was told not until they are one year old, and that introducing it to them too young can actually cause kidney damage. I was going to put my youngest son on milk early, because my husband was laid off from his job, but luckily my neighbor was a pediatric nurse, and was able to help me with formula until he was a year old.

Check with WIC and see what they recommend.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• formula should be the main source of nutrition for the first 12 months. If you want to start introducing the flavor of milk at 11 months or so that's not a big deal. I would not want to offer it much sooner than that as it can upset some babies tummies.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• you can start cows milk at 12 months!
    Formula and or breast milk is important until than.
    DanicasMama

Answer by DanicasMama at 7:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ok thts what i thought until 12 months so can u mix 2 together?
    Ashley2810

Comment by Ashley2810 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• WIC will pay for the formula up until the child turns 1 then after that they will switch you to Milk. They say to wait until the child is 1 year before introducing cow's milk.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Actually WIC does unfortunately have the right to tell you what they are going to give you BUT they give everyone formula until 1 yr old. It's your own right to listen to them or do what you feel is right. After one yr old then WIC switches it to cows milk unless something is said from the doctor.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• 12 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011