To buy Maternity or Plus size clothers.......

I really not liking much of the stuff that is in the Maternity stores.I love the pants that have the elastic belly to make is comfortable . So an friend who happens to be plus sized told me to go buy clothes I like in the plus sized stores. Then when I am done she will take them .

Has anyone ever done this and does the lack of elastic bother you after a certain time.

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 7:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is a line of maternity clothes that is just for moms of twins/triplets. It's called For Multiples and I believe you can only order them online (although I'm not 100% sure if they sell through stores or not). I was only able to wear those clothes after I was 28 weeks pregnant with twins. As any twin-mom will tell you, don't even bother buying regular sized maternity clothes, you grow out of them SO quickly. Hope that helps.
    peggy92

Answer by peggy92 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I bought 1 maternity blouse that I wore to my baby shower. Everything else I bought at Fashion Bug in the plus section. I bought alot of drawstring pants and stretchy tops. I was also preggers in the summer so I got alot of capris and tank tops, but Fashion Bug has some really reasonable clothes that are pretty nice looking.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I never wore maternity clothes, and the elastic waste pants always fell off my ass! My sister gave me some, and I hated them. I didn't buy plus size either. I simply bought low, low cut pants a couple sizes larger than I needed and wore a belt until I didn't need it anymore. I found super long tanks and wore those layered under shirts that were too short, and found that a stretch-T is a wonderful invention! After I had the baby I also knew that all of the clothes I had would fit until I lost weight.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I did not have any maternity clothe was all regular clothes, just some bigger. Soem wear stretch. And there were a lot of shirts in the store where my belly fit in. It was teh fashion tehn I guess to wear those bigger shirt, lol.
    I would guess that plus size is cheaper and if you dont like what u can find in the maternity store anyways that go with that. And its good that you friend can use then after warts.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am a plus size woman so I never bought maternity clothes...I just bought sizes higher..

but as long as you dont buy jeans..and just buy like stretchy pants..its pretty comfortable..AVOID jeans..unless they are stretchy jeans!

you can always sew in the elestic band too..alot of people make homemade clothes that way..gl
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It depends on your body type I would think. If you are say small or medium, a maternity shirt is possibly going to fit and flatter you more than an oversized shirt. I wore mostly maternity and some of my old old sorority shirts that were larges....since that was in style way back when.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Thanks ladies I am a lil over 20 weeks with twins and these blessing have me growing by leaps and trousers. I am going to play around with some ideas .
    karing4elmas

Comment by karing4elmas (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i just bought sweat pants and bigger shirts. much cheaper. twins?! congrats! very sweet.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think it depends on your body. I bought maternity clothes - plus size clothes would have just looked baggy and frumpy on me. The maternity clothes are cut to fit and flatter a cute tummy, plus size clothes are cut to fit a big body - it's not the same thing!

Answer by missanc at 10:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i dont buy maternity clothes....i bought 2 pairs of jeans to wear throughout my pregnancy that are 2 sizes bigger and i leave the pants unbuttoned and just wear a belly band or a long shirt with ii, and the shirts i bought also were 2 sizes bigger and they are working fine . oh and leggings i wear them all the time they are my savior lol
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011