Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to induce lactation so i can breastfeed my adopted child

Answer Question

Asked by kensgirl63 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Google it! I know this can be done, because I watched a whole thing about it on TV a few years ago. I just can't remember the specifics.

    Answer by Simonsmama at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • call your local hospital and ask to speak to a lactation specialist....

    Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • is full of great breastfeeding advice.

    Answer by ellaura at 7:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • And this is amazing that you want to! So great!!! :)

    Answer by ellaura at 7:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • I knew a friend that did this go for it girl! If you can afford the medication and have the patience for it. DO IT! I have breastfeed all my kids Except the step child lol. She was 5 when I started raising her and she was too old LOL

    Answer by cutievibe at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • I have heard that some women can do it just from pumping, but I think most of the time (especially if you've never had a baby before) you need to do both medication and pumping. Best of luck! and congratulations!

    Answer by kabbot01 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • Contact your local La Leche League

    Answer by amandantravis at 12:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.