Trivia: When does a good soldier need a hair cut?

Well....a GOOD soldier never NEEDS a haircut : )

mandystenger

Asked by mandystenger at 2:27 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• lol ... thats good ... most i know tho need to be reminded every 2 weeks lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• EVERY WEEK!!! One must show up for formation w/ a clean cut, shaved, showered and ready. Usually, although the rule is still there, the exception is during deployments where it is oftentimes difficult to find a good barber or adequate shower facilities ;)
    C_Oldham

Answer by C_Oldham at 2:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My 10 yr. old is all into the military yet he hates getting a haircut. I am guilty of letting his hair grow into a mess, today he finally got a haircut and I my brother told him "DROP AND GIVE ME 50 PUSH UPs"!!!! He got all excited and tried lol . I still don't get his fascination, we have no friends or family in the military but he does watch the news and admires our troops.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Isn't the rule, that their hair can't be long enough to touch their ears?
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 2:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• ya it has to be off the ears and neck line
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Gigi1969: I think its great he's interested in the military!

One thing I do think sucks...my hubby is in basic right now...they get their first haircut free & after that whenever the commander of his unit decides he needs a haircut, he has to get one...but what sucks about it, is that my hubby has to pay for it...you'd think it would be free. I don't understand all of what the military does, but I'm sure they have reasoning behind it though.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 4:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It depends on the hair growth...just being a smart ass! My husband thankfully got tired of paying for his haircuts when he was in the Marines and learned to do it his self, which has saved us a lot of money and him complaining cause they never seem to get it right. My son (5yrs old) loves the military also, so he does his hair and my son's.
    momma2JD

Answer by momma2JD at 10:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2008