at what age do u let your young child sit in the bath H20 unattended ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• my son is almost 3 and i JUST started letting him sit for a few minutes alone while i get a towel or get his jammies ready
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• At 3.5, I am still leary of being out of the room for longer than a minute. She can get in and out by herself but surfaces are still slick even with slip-guards.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• never... she is 4 and still wont..maybe by the time she is 5.. just dont want her to get hurt..
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 7:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my son is 6 and he is taking showers now but even last year when he was still into the whole bath thing i didnt like leaving him. i would pop in and out or be in the bedroom putting away clothes or something. kids do crazy stuff..so you can't be too careful..once i walked in on him trying to hold his breath under water. i didnt like seeing that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my daughter's 2 1/2 and i let her sit by herself while i go get something or answer the door. the bathroom door is open and i tell her to sing or yell til i come back. i've really pushed it on her tho that she HAS to sit on her butt, etc. she's really good about it.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• For my kids it was between 3 and 4 depending on the kid (I have 5, the youngest is only a baby, though).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My kids are one and two and if I have to run to get a wash cloth, towel, or something else I'll go and get it. They're really good in the tub and stay seated and just play by themselves. I never leave them alone for more then a few seconds though. I think that I would feel comfortable when the child is 5 or six. And I'd never be too far away at that age either.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Never, I mean even if they are older, I am still close enough to talk to them etc. My dad was 67 and drown in his pool...it is NEVER a good idea to be in water alone...EVER. No matter how old you are. You just never know.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My daughter is 4 & I still sit there with her..she enjoys playing in the tub with me there
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011