Periods late but negative preggo test

So i stoped taking b/c in august ever since my period was always started on the 20th of every month. Except last month it started 2 days late on the 22. Right after my last period i starting having pregnancy symptoms (sore breast, fatigue,ect) The fatigue has gotten worse i cant stay awake in the afternoon. I had a routine doc appt on the 3rd of this month did a urine test it was neg doc told me to wait till my next period to re-test. I also had routine blood work done (called me back today to say i as anemic). So my period should have started thursday or saturday and monday almost over still hasnt started. I went into Plan Parent Hood this morning took a urine test there and it was still negative. they told me to wait 2 weeks and test again. How could i have had pregnancy symptoms for so long a missed period but the test are still negative?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is hormones. If you skipped ovulation, you could be having signs from that which can be similar to pregnancy.

I was just 3 weeks late before I started today.

A normal regular period will not always start on a specific day of the month since each month has a different amount of days. Also, it can take up to 6 months for your body to regulate out from birth control.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well being anemic can affect your period and make it late. The pregnancy symptoms you mentioned can easily be attributed to other things too. I am going to say you are getting negative pregnancy tests because you are not pregnant. Sorry. You don't actually have a missed period yet only a late period. In 2 weeks it would be considered a missed period. I would go buy a dollar store test and wait and see if you start in a few days.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What Jademom07 said.
    When tracking your period write down on the calendar the day you start and the day you end. A cycle is typically 28 days (but mine is 25) you count from the day you begin your period 28 days and that will give you the day that you should be starting your period.
    Depending on the birth control and how long you were on it, it can take a while to begin ovulating every month. If you really want you can track your ovulation as well with many helpful tools.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Gnomeofmyheart. Only 25% of women actually have a 28 day period. Mine is 31 days.
    Anonymous

• The only other times i have had problems with being anemic is when i was pregnant, thats y im so confused? i guess i just have to wait another 2 weeks
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Anon - I'm sorry I assumed it was the average, I'm 25 I was just trying to pull the average number off the top of my head.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• 25 days I mean, sorry typing faster then my slow laptop can keep up with lol.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I had been having some pregnancy symptoms around the time my period was supposed to start so the day my period was supposed to start I took a test. It was negative so I took another test a few days later with first morning urine. It was also negative. My period was late the month before so I just assumed I wasn't pregnant and forgot all about it. A few weeks went by with no period and symptoms increasing. Still, I thought it was only prolonged PMS. My husband started to suspect something so we bought a test one night while we were out shopping. We got home and I took the test almost as if to humor him and show him that i'm not pregnant once and for all but the test showed positive right away. I'm 9 1/2 weeks now and we couldn't be happier. Tests don't always get it right at first.
    ladybugsarah300

Answer by ladybugsarah300 at 1:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2011