OH NO!

My 18 month old has learned how to get past the child proof locks on the cabinets! I thought maybe I had another 6 months to a year before he learned this... So not fair! I guess it doesn't help having big sister show him all the great ways to get in trouble and drive mommy nuts.
Any of you ladies have older children showing younger siblings how to get in trouble?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The cabnits on our doors have push buttons built into the handles. You push the button in and open the cabnit door. We thought this was just absolutely brilliant, because it would save us from having to child proof our home. Maybe 8-9 months into moving in DS found out how to open the doors. Darn! They're normally not allowed into the kitchen, so we thought it'd be even longer before he'd figure it out. Nope, he managed to get the gate down a few times and figured it out himself.

He taught DD (who is one, DS is two) how to climb up on the furniture and play with the remotes, the phones, etc. Not cool.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• oh my yes LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• YES!!!!! might want ot get some magnetic locks for your cabinents they are LIFE SAVERS!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Omg yes!!! I have 18 month old twins. They have figured out how to open doors and twist off lids (like to the toothpaste!) I think they watch each other and figure things out faster! The cabinet locks are safe for now, though!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011