Bad breath.

My daughter is almost 13 months old and just recently started drinking real milk mixed in with her formula. Could this be causing her bad breath? Or what could it be? I brush her teeth every day, twice a day and it's still there. I noticed it only a few days ago so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Evylyn

Asked by Evylyn at 8:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• why are you mixing formula with milk? is that what a pedi told you to do? seems odd to me to mix the two.
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Is she taking any medications recently or sick with a cold?
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• make sure to brush the "molars" cheeks and toungue.
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 2:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Bad breath can be caused do bad teeth!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I brush her teeth every day twice a day like I said, I get her cheeks and tongue also. And yes our pedi told us to mix the two together or else I wouldn't be doing it. She's not sick or taking any med at all.
    Evylyn

Comment by Evylyn (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• What ever came of the bad breath... have you had tonsils checked lately?
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• yeah the milk caused bad breath with my son.too... brush molars after she has her milk... I just wondered if the pedi told you to cause i know some moms that do it without being told to and know its not recommended for everyone... just curious
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Time to update you guys on the bad breath thing, I've been so busy I forgot I posted this! My daughter no longer has bad breath, I'm guessing it was because I was mixing her milk and formula together. She is on JUST milk now and the bad breath has gone away. Yay! Lol :-)
    Evylyn

Comment by Evylyn (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2011