are special parking spaces for pregnant women needed ?

i don't think so. it is not a disability. no way.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not a necessity but much appreciated!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think they are nice when they are there as a courtesy....but you right pregnancy is not a disability but when your getting into those last months it gets really difficult getting from point a to point b. I think if a store does it to be nice great! but i dont think it should be a state mandate like handicapped parking is.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• IMO no and I never used one but I can see where it may be nice for some.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• JeremysMom nailed it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I like em....I park in them all the time at the px and commissary. its nice to not have to push the giant cart full of stuff to the back of the lot. I dont think it is intended to be a "disability" spot. I used to shop at Bloom and they had spots for parents with toddlers and such. That was also very nice
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If your pregnancy was rough like mine was then absolutely. If you are stuck on bed-rest but need to run an errand then yes you are disabled and could really use the help. We don't necessarily need special parking spaces, just special permits signed by an OB for the people who are having a rough time with their pregnancy.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i would like it ...yes especially when youre pregnant and have other small children you have to haul around
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I love them, its appreciating our moms :) some places have parking with small children too.

IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think it is a VERY sweet and kind thing to do:)
    cl1998

Answer by cl1998 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No. Even when I was pregnant I didn't park in them. Being pregnant isn't a disability, and walking is good for most pregnant women. I'd rather see them reserve spaces for the elderly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011