What is the best way to handle telemarketers?

Do you have a fool-proof way to handle telemarketers?
They are quite ingenious at finding ways around the roadblocks put in their paths. I am sure they are taught many tricks of the trade.
But you may have a good idea.

Hope you are not one of them--lol.

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 8:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hang up

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yep...Don't answer :) or if you have the need to answer hang up when they start getting too pushy. you wont be the first and certainly not the last.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• This is the best way in my opinion!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xYDpjWCPeU8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Tell them to wait a minute and put the phone down and walk away for 5 minutes---when you go back they will be gone----LOL
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 8:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• www.donotcall.gov Register your number here and then if they do call thell them your are on the do not call list, they will apologize and hang up!!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It's very rare to get calls since I have put my number on the "do not call" list making it illegal for them to call. If they do call I ask for their information telling them I need to check them out. Once I have all their info I tell them their call is illegal and I am now reporting them... it's a $500 dollar fine for them. If you go the the national DNC list website you can find a form for reporting them, so you know what info you need.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ohhh, and if they are from a non-profit which is not covered by the do not call then I just hand the phone to my kids.... they never call back after that!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• One of my friends mom used to let them talk, say they were interested, she would keep them on the phone for hours describing the product and warranty and what not. I think she left it on speaker phone so she could still do what she needed to do around the house. Then when it came time to pay and give information she would say she was not interested and hang up. I thought that was the funniest thing ever. Think of how many people she saved from getting called during dinner that night!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I say "not interested" and then hang up.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Jeremys mom....that was a great video...lmao! :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011