babysitter

should I watch my grand daughters for my daughter everytime she ask me when i need some me time after all i babysit everyday for her while she goes to work and she wants me to do it on her day off to.

sweetie44

Asked by sweetie44 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think you should only do what you WANT to do.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think you should only do if you want to,, and no not on her day off!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No she needs to raise her own child when she is off. It's great you help her out for work, but you are right you need down time.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think she should spend time with her children on her days off, after all she probably doesnt get much time when she get off work.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Actually, you need to set some boundries with your daughter. Otherwise, you can expect this just to be the beginning of an endless road of reasons why she has to drop the kids off at your place. You need to sit down with her. Maybe over breakfast, explain to her that you have "days off" too. Just because you don't have a schedule, you still have your own life. The other reason why you need to do it now is because if you don't, you'll not only resent your daughter, but also those lovely grandbabies. You say that's not possible? Trust me it is and it will happen. Its not fair to any of you. Its especially not fair for your daughter to be there as an "instant free babysister" either. Tell her how much you love her. Tell her just as she expects others to notify her when they need something from her, you are asking for the same respect. Give her days & times or 24 hr notices. whatever works for YOU, being the operative word!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 8:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• walkwithGod,you said it right and i do resent her now i feel overwhelm and she lives home with her two babys whom i truely love I want to help but I need breaks to
    sweetie44

Comment by sweetie44 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My Mom watches my daughter when I work. And she will watch her every couple months when I'm not working for me to have some time to myself. Maybe you could work something like that w/ her. Tell her that you can't do it all the time. I would be lost w/o my Momma :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011