What are Pin Worms?

It seems like my 8 year old daughter cannot sit still for along time she is always squirming around my mom told me to check her for pin worms. I would like your opnion on this please. And I have checked w the dr about adhd but he says shes not.

wowiemommy

Asked by wowiemommy at 8:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• little white worms that come out of her butt. They tell you to look at night w/ a flashlight or in her stools to see if she has them. They cause their butt to itch but can be cleared up easily w/ a pill.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well pin worms are a parasite that you can get from under cooked meats and they live in the recton. I had a dr tell me to place a piece of tape just below my daughters rectom while she slept. They only surface at night. Thank God my daughter had none. But you can research them http://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/sick/pinworm.html this site should help.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I nevered heard of them
    ShhhItsASecret

Answer by ShhhItsASecret at 8:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• They are little worms that do come out of the rectum and they are easier to see at night when your child is sleeping. They can be caused by not washing your hands well after using the bathroom and putting your hands in your mouth.
    sassyma11

Answer by sassyma11 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011