SS and DH "together time"

My ss is 6 yo and me and My DH Have 2 girls together. His ex hardly haves him at all and he mostly stays with his grandma. We get him maybe 2 times a week and My ss gets mad that he has to SHARE his daddy. Sometimes he enjoys bieng with us sometimes he just wants it to be him and My DH but i dont think its Fair for DH to go with My ss ONLY and Not Have a day with just him and our oldest dd of 3 yrs which i think she would like a daddy and daughter day as much as My ss gets one with him. So My question is if it is fair for DH and SS to Have special days and Not Have special days with dd because she sees him everyday?

HayliesMama325

Asked by HayliesMama325 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'll get bashed for this - but no, it's not fair. All the kids have to be treated equally. If your DH wants to do something special with SS, he needs to do the same with his other children. Your DH is going to end up having your girls resent SS or him. Your time together really should be family time. (By the way, I'm a SM and a bio-mom). Best of luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• why dont you try having special daddy day with both kids? my father used to take me and my sister out to eat and for ice cream once a week and then did the same with two of my brothers another day. compromise. kids do need special alone time with each parent especially if they have to "share" with another family.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with u and imo i dont think its fair either.
    HayliesMama325

Comment by HayliesMama325 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i am a bio mom, no step kids, but hubby and i have already decided when we have more kids (we have 1 now) that each kid will get their own day once a month to do something with mommy or daddy, then next time they get to have it with the other parent. that way, each kid can do something thier age level and get the one on one that they need.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011