any suggestions?

My 2 yr 10 mnth old has been hot and cold with potty training since he was one... he will like it for a while and then all of a sudden kick and scream bloody murder any time we want him to try. So im giving it another go and just put him in training pants today and followed him like a hawk. He has seriously wet 5 in the last hour and every 15 minutes im putting him on the potty. He even sat there for 10 minutes, then got up and within 30 seconds had peed on the floor. Im so frustrated and dont know what to do... this is so frustrating to be following him around like this and having to clean up pee every 10 minutes! ugh.

sarlove01

Asked by sarlove01 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him a couple more months and try again. My daughter is over 3 and is just now starting to like to use the potty. She was like your son with potty training. Maybe do a sticker chart. If he goes pee he gets a sticker.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My daughter started at about 2 doing it every day. I thought she was going to be potty trained easily. But she was very hit and miss. She didn't get it down until she was almost 3(about a month away). I just didn't stress about it, I didn't yell at her about it. I just kept encouraging her to try, and really praising her when she did. But I agree w/ the first poster that wait a while and try again.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Relax! If he sees you are uptight about potty training he will be as well. You might want to focus on the times he does go to the potty and celebrate those instead of being frustrated about the times that he doesn't. Reward him with praise, stickers, etc I am not a big fan of rewarding with candy. You might also want to try putting cheerios or a square of toilet paper in the potty to see if he can "sink" it. It might be fun for him then. GOOD LUCK!
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 8:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i used a wierless door bell for my toddler to start out with..let him ring it every time he goes to the bathroom,,even if he doesnt pee but still tries..or get a small bell and let him ring it befor he goes in..sometimes if u get the cool soap for kids,,like sponge bob and they get to wash there hands after words,,i know my lil one looks forward to washing her hands and playing in the sink..i also tried the sticker reward thing..but the bell worked best.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• do this. plastic pants and underwear during the day. my ds was one month before turning 3 and i did the underwear in plastic pants during the day. so you will need to have like 10 or more underwear and about 6 plastic pants. also u need to have a bucket with bleach handy. at nite use only pull ups that are the cool when wet.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was a stay at home mom, and had this trouble with my 2 when you are home put him in underwear and make him clean it up, I would use " I am very disapointed" then they finally got it! even to the point that they would be excited to do it! I bought allot of plane white ones and bought the "good" fun underware so when they wanted to wear them I would say well you need to not pee in your other ones and it worked! also put cherrios in the toilet and have them pee on that and try to sink it! It get esier. I thought mine would never get it!
    As soon as they can feel that they pee it makes them more aware what they are doing at the time they do it.....the pull ups keep them feeling dry and are good only at night. I would take them away during the day. I just got rid of them all together!
    NothinShockin

Answer by NothinShockin at 6:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2011