Is this normal or what? My dd is 4 1/2 and when she gets time outs or is doing something wrong she starts to cry bloody murder and then out of no where she starts to crack up like crazy. Nobody is talking to her or looking at her. she does it all alone by her self.

She is seeing a Developmental pediatrician on the 27th of Jan for a whole array of things she does that are not normal. I cant list them all because it would take a book. Just now she said Ow i hurt my self, i twist my finger and nobody was talking to her or looking at her. She says and does random crap all the time. Me and my mom look at each other like wtf is her problem. Im sorry but i just had it with her and the weird things she does. If you say come sit next to me, lets watch cartoons or this movie she ignores you. or if you say do u want a hot dog, cereal etc etc. she just stares at you or looks the other way BLANKLY like shes not there or doesnt understand your language and doesnt answer you. You have to yell at her and ask 5 times and then she says "i said yes" i will say no you didnt. you ignored me. I dont know anymore..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I hope they can find out if there is a problem. Try not to get upset with her. It sounds as though she may have a development or hearing problem. I hope you can get help soon.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Hearing? noo. she can hear fine. i can say her name really quietly and she can hear me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Bi-polar disorder maybe.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I thought they couldnt diagnose a 4 year with bipolar yet? isnt that too young?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't know for sure. But I'm going to look up the symptoms online and see if they can tell in children. I'll get back to you on this.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• These are the top 3 website that came up when I searched for Bipolar disorder symptoms in children.

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/kids_diag/a/red_flags4.htm

http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=102859

http://www.bpkids.org/learn/library/about-pediatric-bipolar-disorder
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• thanks but some of that stuff she doesnt do. She acts totally different at school (preschool) her teacher never complains about anything she does. Here in the USA people and teachers treat kids like little babies. In Europe and South America kids are treated like kids but never talking down to them or babying them. I wish they would do the same here. Anyways thats a diff story.. She never acts weird at school. she does it at home only. She doesnt have problems hanging out with other kids and playing. she dosent have separation anxiety either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i dont know, hopefully someone can help you
    busybumblebe848

Answer by busybumblebe848 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Bump
    DesignerWhore

Answer by DesignerWhore at 3:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011