Is it better to take half a dose of prenatal vitamins a day or none?

I am pregnant and admit I have a horrible time taking the 2 prenatal pills required a day mainly because I was told to spread them out. So mainly I remember to take one before bed but thats not a full dose and I steer away from taking both at one time cus they do upset my stomach. Anyone know of one is atleast better than none?

mylilboy00

Asked by mylilboy00 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, one is better than none. But for your baby, you have to find a way to remember to take the other one. Do everything possible to give your little one the best start possible.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i heard that taking 2 flintstones gummies is okay as well
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I take 1 OB complete prenatal in the morning and I am good till the next day. I however have to eat before taking it though or I will get an upset tummy.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I actually am taking gummy chewable vitamins cus i could not get the pill form down
    mylilboy00

Comment by mylilboy00 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• oh, then i would set a phone alarm to remember the next dose :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would ask your doctor if you can get a prenatal pill that you can take once a day. I have prenaplus and I never feel sick. I take one everyday after breakfast.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i think you can get a perscipt that you only take once a day. that's what i did took it be4 i went to bed bc it mae me sick i think they all make you sick.. lol..
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i take Natelle one ....theyre expensive but if you have insurance they cover pretty much all of the cost i only pay $10 for a $100 bottle. And its only once a day . I have a problem with prenatal pills also except for this one...it has a plastic like coating so i cant taste or smell it really and it goes down very smoothly.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I used a store bough brand of prenatals that I only took once a day. Both of my babies turned out fine.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• you need to write it on your mirror in bathroom im sure you pee b4 you go to bed.these things are important
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011