Do you purchase items for your kid that remind you of your childhood?

We bought Fraggle Rock because we enjoyed it growing up. I bought carebears for them when they seemed to show interest...even though I guess it was more my memory lane. I picked out some candy that I use to eat when I was younger to let my kids try.

Some things just sit around, some things get over watched, and some just make me look weird to them...but I do it in hopes that some happy childhood memories can be their memories too. Don't know if it's weird or if I'm the only one that does it...

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 8:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Shopping

• Yes, strawberry shortcake stuff, wizard of oz stuff. I'll tell her it was my favorite when I was little. Some stuff she's into and some stuff she acts like, what was so good about that mom??
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yeah, when they where little. I bought play doh, silly putty, slinky. Now that they are teens you can really see the generation gap...lol

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Not me, but my hubby really likes getting our ds stuff he had when growing up.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yes, like the raggedy ann dolls even though they don't look the same the easy bake oven the doll heads like the barbie i had the other chic she was hotter, and the yellow school bus with the little people, G I Joe,monolopy, the little kitchens, UNO, connect four, operation, doll houses, the fire truck, even though i was a little girl i still remember the boy toys too so i buy my son them
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes i have
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes and I can't wait til dd is old enough to play with Barbie! I love buying the kids toys that I wanted as a child that I never got too, like a kitchen set and a real dollhouse and a Volkswagen Power Wheels Beetle!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2011