I am 14 weeks prego and......

I have been getting a dull ache in my pelvic region and every now and then a pain on either side of my abdomen. I am not bleeding nor do I have discharge. So is this normal for pregnancy? Is it that my uterus is growing? I was just a lil concerned.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As long as it's not severe, it's probably round ligament pain. In other words...the muscles in your pelvic region are loose to make room for growing uterus, so they are more prone to pulls and pain. Many women have this without doing any exercises at all. If it grows intense and is accompanied by bleeding of any kind, consult your doctor.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Check with your Dr.  Yes it has happened to me also.  It's everything stretching out, lol.  It sucks and it hurts but if that's what is causing the pain, it's normal and to be expected.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yes that is perfectly normal..... and it is your uterus growing..... i am 15 wks preggo with my third.... as long as no heavy bleeding or really bad cramps you are fine
    jessecutez

Answer by jessecutez at 9:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• thanks ladies. I thought so but I wanted to get some advice and make sure.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am in the same boat, my doc told me everything is normal...my body is just growing and getting used to the new stuff thats going on i there. If it starts to be constant and severe, then you should go to your doc asap.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• if your not bleeding or anything i think you'll be ok, but you should really tell your doc just to make sure everythings ok n your uterus isnt rippng cause thats what happened to me n i lost the baby. i dont think thats whats wrong but just to be on the safe side. i wouldnt want anyone going through what i did. good luck n god bless..
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with erin hill. we all freak out over the slightest things in pregnancy no one wants to loose something that makes them so happy. good luck and relax!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 12:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm 13 weeks and I'm glad I'm not the only one with those pains..mine kinda feel like it's burning
    careyperry

Answer by careyperry at 1:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• normal
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2011